Blog dum gajo do Porto acerca de gaijas, actualidade política e sem futebol. Aqui o marmelo não gosta de futebol

segunda-feira, 21 de março de 2005

JULES PASCIN 1885 - 1930

"He stands out in this drab, preoccupied, modern world of ours with such startling brilliance that at times it actually seems as though no one alive but he possesses real talent. He is naughty. He's quite scandalous. But he is also very, very, very great. I take off my hat to Jules Pascin, for as a critic of art I have an immense respect for his priceless qualities of expression, at the same time that I wrap my cloak about me, in my stern character as a defender of the virtues, and peer about to see that no one watches as I gloat over the pictures."

Henry McBride review of Pascin exhibition, New York Herald Tribune 1923

Sem comentários: