Blog dum gajo do Porto acerca de gaijas, actualidade política e sem futebol. Aqui o marmelo não gosta de futebol

sábado, 3 de junho de 2006

mais recados

Uma tradução para Inglês da área Si, Mi Chiamano Mimi de la Boheme….



Mimì
Yes, they always called Mimi,
but my real name is Lucia.
This story of mine is brief:
To linen and silk I embroider,
at my home or away...
I have a quiet, but happy life,
and my pastime
is making lilies and roses.
I delight in these pleasures.
These things have such sweet charm,
they speak of love, of Spring,
of dreams and visions and
the things that have poetic names.
Are you understanding me?

Rodolfo
Yes.

Mimì
They always call me Mimi,
I know not why!
All alone
I make myself dinner.
I don't attend mass often,
but I pray to the Lord frequently.
I live by myself, all alone,
in my little white room.
I look upon the roofs and the sky.
But when the thaw comes,
the first warmth of the sun is mine,
the first kiss of April is mine!
In a vase a Rosebud blooms,
I watch as petal by petal unfolds,
with its delicate fragrance of a flower!
But the flowers that I sew,
alas, have no fragrance.
There's nothing more
I can tell you about myself.
I am your neighbour, who knocks
at your door so late disturbing
you at inopportune moment.

Sem comentários: